Friday, November 2, 2012

A Day To Remember

Today is the Feast of All Souls.  It is a day to remember and celebrate those who have departed this life before us.  For my husband and I, it is also the day, two years ago, that we learned we had lost our precious twins Reese and Lane.  It is a day that changed our life in so many ways.  A day our world shattered and a day from which I thought we would never recover.  So much has changed in the two years since we learned our babies had died.  We have changed.  They changed us in ways I know about and in ways I am just discovering.  And although I have healed, I will never truly be completely healed.  The pain, fear, and overwhelming sorrow I felt that day in the doctor's office I still feel when I think about my precious babies.  I know I will see them again.  I know they are watching over our family until we can all be together again.

Until then we will continue to remember and celebrate them, even though they were with us such a short time.







O God, whose beloved Son did take little children into his
arms and bless them: Give us grace, we beseech thee, to
entrust these children, Reese and Lane. to thy never-failing care and love, and
bring us all to thy heavenly kingdom; through the same thy
Son Jesus Christ our Lord, who liveth and reigneth with thee
and the Holy Spirit, one God, now and for ever. 
Amen.
(Taken from the Book of Common Prayer)




Father of all, we pray to you for all those whom 
we love but see no longer. Grant to them eternal rest. Let 
light perpetual shine upon them. May the souls 
of all the departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. 
Amen.
(Taken from the Book of Common Prayer.)

No comments:

Post a Comment