Thursday, November 28, 2013

Blessings...

On this day we stop to give thanks for all we have been given.  We remember all the blessings we have and, at least for one day, don't dwell on those things we don't have or that haven't gone quite right in our lives.  As we celebrate this Thanksgiving I am overwhelmed with how truly blessed I am.  This year I am thankful for...

My wonderful, loving family.  
My four beautiful children that are my reason for getting up each morning. 
A husband who loves me for exactly who I am both good and bad and supports me in everything.  He is the love of my life and my best friend.
Parents who have always been there for me and showed me how to be a caring, compassionate woman and mother.
A brother and sister who love me, my husband, my crazy children, and who I depend on more than they probably realize.
For an extended family that is always there for me and thinks nothing of driving 2 hours to come visit for 45 minutes.
My future sister in law who has not just accepted but embraced all of us and become one of the family.  I can't wait until she is "officially and legally" one of US.
For wonderful friends who have been there for me through good times and bad with shoulders to cry on, a good joke to make me laugh, or a glass of wine (or something stronger) when needed.
My ballet students who make me smile and make going to "work" not work at all.
For a church and church family that helps me see God at work in the world every day.
For my husband's firm that allows us to live the life we have and let me stay home and be Mommy.
And of course, on this turkey day, for the food on my table, especially the pumpkin pie.  Yummy!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING to all of you.  
May your life been filled with family, friends, good food, and all the blessings life has to offer.

No comments:

Post a Comment