Monday, November 4, 2013

Pumpkin Patch Take 3

Our third trip to the pumpkin patch this year was a field trip with John David's kindergarten class.  Ava was sick with the tummy bug so she and the twins stayed home with my mom and just John David and I got to go.  It was nice to get to do something just he and I.  With four of them and only one of my it is hard to get as much one on one time with each of them as I would like.

The weather was absolutely gorgeous the day of John David's field trip and the children had a fabulous time.  As I've said before, the pumpkin patch is much more involved than it was when I was growing up and this patch did not disappoint.  They had lots of activities to keep us all entertained.

First order of the day.....pig races.

Then it was time to try and get a class photo.

Definitely hard to get 15 5 and 6 year olds to all look at the camera and smile at the same time.
 But they are adorable just the same.

Next up....a hay bale maze. 



And then off to the petting zoo to feed the goats


And pet the donkey


This pumpkin patch didn't have the huge pit of corn to play in but they did have a hay bale play area with a slide and tunnel.

I'm King of the hay mountain.


 Cow Train....He loved his heifer...Daisy

Hayride with his sweet friend J.  I hear about J all the time.  



 John David's class got to have a picnic lunch at the pumpkin patch before picking out that perfect pumpkin.  Here is his selection.


The result of all our trips to the pumpkin patch......


12 total pumpkins plus our Jack O Lantern.

Now that's a lot of pumpkin.  Good thing we love pumpkin pie!


No comments:

Post a Comment