Sunday, November 18, 2012

A Better Late than Never Happy Halloween

It is horrible that I am just now getting around to posting Halloween photos but that's the way it goes around here sometimes.

We had a great Halloween.  Really this isn't my favorite holiday.  I just don't think we need all that candy around the house.  The kids don't need it.  Husband and I don't need it.  It is just too much of a temptation.  Plus, our neighborhood really doesn't have many trick or treaters and we are never actually home on Halloween so I don't buy any candy.  I learned the hard way the first year after we moved here that there weren't any trick or treaters and was stuck with one of those jumbo bags of candy.  Not good for the waistline.

We actually trick or treated twice this year.  Once, the Sunday before Halloween at our church's Trunk or Treat, complete with spooky organ concert and hay ride, and then again in my parent's neighborhood on Halloween.   My parents neighborhood is the BEST for trick or treating and people all over the city have figured it out.  My parents easily give out 400 pieces of candy and still turn their lights off before 8 pm.  Anyway, here are a few pictures of the gang in their costumes.

Helping big brother adjust his chaps.

 Say cheese!  I'm a doctor just like John Robert and Jessica
(Thanks for the authentic Cincinnati Children's scrubs)

This cowboy needs a moment to reflect.

The two cowboys talking things over before the festivities begin.  I think they are plotting the best strategy to get the most candy.
So...you been farming long?

Cowboy JD giving directions to the hay ride.

Little sister the pumpkin... just along for the ride.


Have cauldron will trick or treat.  


Ready for the candy.



Tried to get one of all four of them plus the dog but Ava wasn't interested.

And off they go.

TRICK OR TREAT!

Happy (late) Halloween from our family to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment