Thursday, October 25, 2012

9 Months Have Come and Gone

Look who is already 9 months old!
This beautiful girl!

I am just amazed at how fast time flies these days.  I mean, I have other children and I can't believe how quickly they have grown, but time seems to be speeding up even more lately.  I mean it was only a week or so ago that I looked like this.

Wow!  Look at the big belly!

And I swear it was just yesterday that Ava was a newborn on her way home from the hospital.

 I still think of her as this little.

But this is reality.



She is nine months old and has officially been "out" and part of our little family of 6 for longer than she was "in."  Before I turn around, I will be planning her first birthday party and then I won't have a baby anymore.  YIKES!  To quote Scarlett O'Hara "I can't think about that right now.  If I do, I'll go crazy,  I'll think about that tomorrow."


Last week she had her 9 month check up and here are her official stats.

Length  27 1/2 inches or 45%
Weight  18 lbs 8.6 ounces  or 42%
Head  17 1/4 cm or 43%


She is crawling, pulling up on anything and everything, cruising around holding on to the table, and has even started climbing stairs.  And she now officially has her first tooth.  Don't worry.  The absence of teeth has not slowed her down in the eating arena one bit.  So far she has liked everything we have given her except.....BANANAS!  She hates them.

Here she is saying "Please no mommy."


And here there is just one word....YUCK!

She is a smiley, happy baby as long as Mommy is holding her.  She is definitely a Mommy's girl and has some pretty serious stranger anxiety.    Even with my parents, who she sees frequently, she is much happier playing with them from my lap.  My other three did not have this issue.  I have spoiled her I know.  She is my baby and I have been a little more "lenient" or indulgent with her than with the others.  I mean I haven't completely lost my touch.  She still sleeps in her own bed, I do let her cry when necessary, and I don't carry her around 100% of the time.  But I will admit, I have gotten soft in my old age.  For years I have given my parents a hard time for being soft with my younger sister.  She was allowed to do more and got away with way more than I ever did in my teenage years.  I guess it's likely Ava will get away with more too.  The perks of being the youngest I guess.

Happy Nine Months Ava.  We love you so much and are so glad you are ours.

















No comments:

Post a Comment