Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Fun at the School Yard

I grew up living down the street from an elementary school and although it didn't have the greatest playground at the time, all the neighborhood kids played there daily during the summer.  My brother and I would tell my mom we were headed to the school yard, jump on our bikes, and take off.

A few years have passed since those days but my parents still live in that same house, down the street from the school yard.  Now though it has a great playground, thanks I'm sure to a thriving Parents Association, and I get to enjoy it with my children.  Plus, what a great way to get rid of some of that energy and tire everyone out so mom & dad can get a good night's sleep.

Here are some pics from our most recent school yard trip.

He's concentrating hard on that ball.  He can dribble better than I can.


On the monkey bars.  She has amazing upper body strength, (wish I did) and can make it across all on her own, repeatedly.

On the fireman's pole.

Twin brother loves the monkey bars too.  

Back up I go to do it again.

They all love the fireman's pole.

A rare still moment.  Just right to get a shot of that smile.

Just chilling in the stroller.

Made it to the top of the climbing wall.

I can do anything Ella can do.

Yes...I made it.

Now it's my turn.

Another rare still moment.  Notice only one of them is still at any given time.

Even Ava and I got a turn on the tire swing.

More than a decade later, the school yard is still FUN for all ages.  Happy playing!

1 comment: