Tuesday, January 8, 2013

O Holy Night

I know I am woefully behind in my blogging.  There has just been so much going on with the holidays that blogging became the thing that I had to let slide in order to get everything else done.  I am now more determined than ever to get back on track and remedy my lack of timely blogging state.  

So here goes.

Christmas Eve is a magical time for everyone, children and adults alike.  In our family, we spend Christmas Eve at church celebrating Jesus's birth.  Our church does a small children's pageant and we participated with gusto.  All three of the "big kids" were in the pageant and Ava helped with the photography.

And the angel said to them, "Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people." (Luke 2:10)


Our angel

When the angels went away from them into heaven, the shepherds said to one another, “Let us go over to Bethlehem and see this thing that has happened, which the Lord has made known to us.”And they went with haste and found Mary and Joseph, and the baby lying in a manger. (Luke 2:15-16)

Our littlest shepherd
    My two shepherds and angel and our good angel friend Susanna


    It was a beautiful pageant.  The children did such a wonderful job telling the story of Jesus' birth.  It wasn't fancy or extravagant, but then again, neither is the story of Jesus.  I am so glad my children get to participate in and learn the true meaning of Christmas.  Don't get me wrong, I love Santa and all the fun and magic that goes along with him, but for me, what i love most is the story of Jesus and welcoming him into our lives hearts again every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment