Thursday, January 24, 2013

What's Missing

Can you tell what's missing from this picture?


That's right.  He lost his first tooth today at lunch.  I didn't even know it was loose.  He is extremely proud and has been showing off his "gap" to everyone we've seen since it fell out.  I am still in shock.  I can't believe my baby has lost his first tooth.  He is so grown up.  In fact, not 10 minutes before he lost the tooth he corrected me when I called him a "little boy."  He told me he wasn't a "little boy" he was big and a man.  Tugs at my heart strings.  Thankfully my big man isn't too big to cuddle with his mommy yet.

Unfortunately since we didn't know it was loose, we weren't watching for it to fall out and as a result we lost it at lunch.  I think he swallowed it without knowing it.  Sad and gross, but I have it on good authority that the Tooth Fairy accepts notes regarding lost of swallowed teeth.  We will be putting the replacement note under his pillow Friday night (his choice because it gives him time more time to write his letter) to see what the Tooth Fairy brings.




No comments:

Post a Comment