Tuesday, January 29, 2013

A Year's Worth of Projects

My husband hates this about me, but I am one of those people who has to have AT LEAST one project going at all times.  Usually, I have three or four.  And my list of projects to do never seems to get shorter no matter how many I finish and get crossed off the list.  I am always finding new things I want to make or do that get added as soon, or sometimes before, I get one project finished.

Since my New Year's Resolution was to be more organized and get our house more organized I thought a good way to get a handle on my projects list would be to assign each month one major project.  These aren't my little projects like clean the house, rake the yard...those are chores...not projects.  These are things like make curtains for the living room windows or repaint the master bedroom. 

So here is my list of proposed 2013 projects.

January:  Ava's first birthday party.  Sounds like no big deal but first birthdays are a big deal around here and do almost all of the "work" myself.  I don't want my children to not feel special or celebrated because I chose to have so many children.  My motto is if I would do something if I only had one child, I can do it for all four.  So...big first birthday bash is project one.  Party prep is in full swing since the party is this weekend.  I will post photos of the little "projects" that went into the party next week.

February:  Repurpose a huge, oak armoire have and aren't using into toy storage for the den.  This project goes hand in hand with rearranging the family room furniture and organizing all the toys around here, and with four children, there are a lot of toys.

March:  I have two this month.  The first, make Easter outfits for all four children.  The second, make a Happy Easter pennant banner to decorate the house for the Easter holiday.

April:  Birthday bash for the three 'big kids."  Since John David and the twins' birthdays are only 2 weeks apart, we usually do one, big birthday party for all three of them.  So far they haven't come to a decision about a theme.  They are still narrowing it down.

May:  Make curtains for the living room windows.  The tree that shaded the front of the house and provided some privacy to the living room windows took a major hit in the Christmas snow storm so some curtains for a little privacy are a must have.

June:  Repaint ceilings in the guest bathroom, front and upstairs hallways.

July:  Repaint downstairs half bathroom.  This was the first room we repainted after we moved into our house.  In our plumbing troubles over the last year or so this bathroom has taken a major hit so it's time for a little TLC. 

August:    Paint built-in bookcases and mantle in the family room.

September:  Make curtains for the guest bedroom windows.

October:  Halloween costumes for the children.  We haven't even started thinking about next Halloween yet but I figured I better put it on here to save some time for it.

November:  Catch up month.  I'm going to leave this month open for now because I know I will come up with a million more things I need or want to do between now and then.  I also know that in the chaos of our day to day life it is very possible that some of the other projects won't get completed timely and I will need a month set aside to finish all previously started projects.  

December:  Make Christmas Eve outfits and Christmas pajamas for all the children.

I will post details and pictures as I go.  In fact I have pictures of some of my pre-Christmas projects I need to post as well.  That is for another day I guess.   I hope all of you will hold my feet to the fire so I get these things accomplished.  

Are any of you like me with a projects list a mile long?  I would love to hear what you hope to accomplish this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment