Tuesday, August 28, 2012

The Fastest 6 Months of My Life


I'm so very behind...........................BUT



Look who is 6 months old.  Already.  (Actually I am so late in writing this post that she is now 7 months old.  Yikes!)  How did this happen?  And so fast?  It's not fair.  I hoped she would stay a little, tiny newborn baby forever.  My mother in law says I shouldn't want that.  I should want them all to grow up because that is what they are supposed to do.  And while I know this....I want them to stay little.  I want Ava to be a baby forever.  I mean it.  Babies are easier than toddlers or 3 year olds or, I assume, teenagers.  She is cute, cuddly, smiling, doesn't talk back, and thinks her daddy and I are still smart, all knowing, all powerful, and the best people on the face of the earth.  Who wouldn't want that forever.
How did she go from this


To this 
so darn fast.

I know when I turn around she will be walking and talking and my baby won't be a baby anymore.

Part of the reason for the delay in this post was the sheet with Ava's stats from her 6 month check up was "misplaced" in the chaos one day.  At my house, little hands move lots of things that I then find days or weeks later.  Never fear...it has been sucessfully located and hence, I can finally finish her 6-month post.

Weight:     16 lbs. 3 oz  54th percentile
Length:      261/4"  70th percentile
Head Circumference:     16 3/4"  54th percentile

It feels kind of strange, strange in a good way, to have an "average" baby.  All three of the other ones were on one extreme or the other of the weight and height charts.  John David was off the chart big and the twins barely hung on to the bottom end.  Ava actually weighs more now than Ella did when she was over a year old. It feels weird to pull out clothes that belonged to Ella and she wore when she was well over a year old, that Ava can wear now.  And Ava isn't even that big.

My big girl is now crawling all over the place and pulling up.  She is very proud of herself and her newest skills.  She has also discovered her tongue in the past month or so and thinks it is so much fun to stick it out and waggle it at everyone she sees.  It is too cute.  I know all moms brag on their babies and I think I've been pretty lucky in the easy baby category.  None of mine had colic or were overly cranky or fussy and all of them have been good sleepers.  But I have to say Ava is one of the happiest, most easy going babies I've ever seen.  She is definitely more easy going than her siblings.  I think in part this is due to me being more relaxed as a mom, part necessity (she gets dragged around a lot as we do stuff that has to be done for the older three), and part just her personality.  She is a true joy!  Her smile and laughter has made the difficult weeks and stunts pulled by the other three more bearable.  Whenever I have to put myself in a sanity timeout, Ava is always with me smiling and cooing at me.  A smiley, snuggly baby makes every day better.

Happy 6th & 7th Months Ava Katherine.  We love you so much and are so blessed to have you in our life.




No comments:

Post a Comment