Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Last Day of School

School is officially out for the summer and I have very mixed feelings about it.  Part of me is really excited.  I have all sorts of ideas of fun projects and outtings to do with the children.  Part of me is incredibly sad.  This year seemed to fly by.  I guess because we had so much going on.  The children had such wonderful teachers this year, had such fun, and learned and grew so much I hate that it is over.  We love our little preschool of St. Mark's.  We attend church at St. Mark's as well and drive by it throughout the week running errands.  Every time we drive past one of the three says "There's our school and our church.  But we don't have school anymore.  It is over until September." 

Check out how much they have all grown and changed this year.
Here they are on the first day of school 2011.  Everyone was super excited!!!




 He looks so little.

And here they are on their last day of school.
Boy they have grown.



Here are the twins with their sweet teacher Miss Kristen.  The absolutely adored her this year.  I don't think they really understand that they will have a new teacher when they go back next year. 
They want to always be in Miss Kristen's class.



And here is John David.  He isn't a baby anymore.  He looks like a little man.



I don't have one of him with his wonderful teacher Miss Bonnie.  We had a chaotic morning on his last day of school (Ella did some painting on the gift for his teacher that we had to undo) and I was a bad mommy and forgot my camera.  John David loved Miss Bonnie.  She was wonderful.  He learned and blossomed so much thanks to her.  He got a note from Miss Bonnie today in the mail and at the end she said she loved him.  He beamed when I read it to him and said with a huge grin on his face "Miss Bonnie loves me."  You made his day Miss Bonnie.  He loves you too.

So another year is in the books.  It was a great year full of fun, learning, music, new friends and new accomplishments.  We are already looking forward to going back in September for another year.  Until then, time for some summer fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment