Monday, April 30, 2012

Crazy Birthday Weekend

It was one crazy busy weekend around our house.  John David had ball games Friday, Saturday, and Sunday.  He was supposed to have one today but it has been rained out. Whew!   Johnathan and I had a new members dinner for our church last night.  But the main event was Saturday.  It was the weekend for the Big Horton Birthday Blowout Ice Cream Party.

We started Saturday morning with our now traditional Krispy Kreme birthday donut.  Krispy Kreme actually gave us our donuts and drinks for free as a happy birthday for the kids.  I don't know if that is usual or if it was just because they were wearing the birthday hat but it was nice all the same.  And no, I am not paid to endorse Krispy Kreme.  









I had to get a picture in of Ava.  She was a happy girl getting donuts on Saturday.  She didn't get to eat any she just thought it was a fun outting.  Her smile just warms my heart.  I can't help but smile when I see her.  She was the real trooper this weekend with all her nap times being disrupted by birthday parties and ball games.


Some bounce house fun.




 Instead of cake we had ice cream sundaes with all the toppings and homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Yummy!  Everyone got to take home their very own sundae bowl.

Blowing out the candles!






Everybody had a really good time and since this year we didn't have the party at our house, getting ready for it was much easier.

Happy Birthday to my three April babies!

1 comment:

  1. Yay for a happy birthday! And I love seeing the monkeys on Ella - we loved those! I'm so sad we didn't make it to the party, Henry had a fever all day Saturday and was a huge grouch to boot :(

    ReplyDelete