Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Summer Vacation Continued....

Having a summer birthday is both a blessing and a curse.

Blessing:  I never had to go to school on my birthday.
Curse:  People vacation in the summer so they can't always come to your birthday party which as a child can be a big deal.
Blessing:  You get to celebrate your birthday while on vacation.
Curse:  Summer is HOT and I am not a fan of HOT weather.

Over the years I have celebrated many of my birthdays while on family vacation.  This year was no exception.  I celebrated my birthday in Snowmass with my family.  If my sister could have been there we would all have been together but a girl can't have everything.

There was no huge birthday celebration just a nice dinner with my family.  And since my brother's birthday is just 5 days after mine, it was a double birthday dinner for both of us.

On the street outside of the restaurant we found this sculpture.


See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

In the past husband has tried to capture this pose with the three older children.  He thought it would be funny for a family Christmas card.  Since we found this sculpture we thought we would take another shot at getting our own personal See no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil pose.

Here are the results.

Two out of three...not bad.

Again...two out of three.  Of course, a different two.

Maybe one out of three.  I'm sure you are asking yourself, "Will they ever get this?"  I was wondering the same thing myself but then.....





Yes!  Success! 


 After dinner and our photo session on the streets of Aspen we headed back to the house for a little birthday ice cream on the deck.

Yummy strawberry!

Ava and Uncle John Robert are waiting so patiently for their desserts.

We were then treated to an impromptu musical concert by John David. Ella, and Harrison... in their pajamas of course.

Yep....that's John David playing his "bellows" guitar.  The twins are playing their wooden spoon trumpets.


And this little girl was the backup dancer for the band.

Good times to cherish!






1 comment:

  1. It looks like you had a wonderful birthday. Happy belated. I love the band....I think they may have a future in music. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete