Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Our First Day!

Last week was the twins first day of school.  They are "big kids" at their school now, in the 4 year old class.  They go to school every day (which is a very big deal to them because it means they are like big brother) and they are now big enough to play in the fort.  The fort may be the most exciting part of it all.  You see, there is a "fort" on the playground complete with spyglasses, a fireman's pole, and a big slide, but the school rule is that only children in the 4 year old and kindergarten transition classes can play in the fort.   So it is a very big deal to be old enough to play in the fort. 

But I digress.  Last week was the twins last first day of school at our wonderful St. Mark's.  The twins were ready to go.  I was ready for them to go.  And, as opposed to last year, when I cried after everyone started back to school even though I had been looking forward to that day for weeks, this year no tears from Mommy.  No tears from the twins either, not that that was a surprise.  It was a bitter sweet day even though there were no tears.  It is the twins last year in preschool.  Next year they will start kindergarten.  It happened so fast.  I am just starting to get used to the idea of John David being in kindergarten.  Next year three of my babies will be in big school.  I'm not sure I am ready for that.  Plus, husband had a big deposition that morning and couldn't be there for first day of school pictures on the front steps or to walk them in to school.  I know he wished he could have been there.  And, as you will see, Harrison was upset about it too.


Little Ava was hiding behind the big chalkboard sign for these photos.  If you look closely you can see her little hand peeking out the side of Harrison's photo.


My beautiful girl!

Here Harrison is saying "I want my daddy."  He wasn't keen on having his pictures taken that morning because daddy wasn't there.

Thankfully he got over it pretty quickly and smiled for a few of the later shots.

Posing with their homework.  They each had to make a "Me" board filling it with things that represented each of them.  They had a good time making them (with some help from Mom and Dad)
They wasted no time getting right to work


...or play!

It is going to be a great year.  They come home every day and tell me how AWESOME school was.  Yeah for a new school year.




No comments:

Post a Comment