Friday, July 26, 2013

Catching Up #1

May Going's On

So many things kept us busy in May.  Here are just a few of the highlights.

School Programs

Unfortunately husband was out of town on a work related trip (High School Mock Trial Competition) the week of the kids programs at school.  I videotaped the whole thing for him but that meant I didn't take many actual photos.  Here are a few I did manage to take in all the happy chaos.



Daddy may have missed it but someone was sure excited Granny Susie and Grandpa H. could be there.



Part of the family photo....You would think at least the adults could be looking at the camera.  At least Ava and I are.


John David's awesome self portrait.



After program fun with friends.


The following day it was the twin's turn.

Ahhhh.....twin love.

Playing the drums.


I tried to get a picture of all four of them.  You can see how well that turned out.


The twins' amazing self-portraits.
My favorite part (which I'm not sure you can see in this photo), Harrison's portrait was complete with tiny wire rimmed glasses.  ADORABLE!

Last Day of School


May also brought the last day of school and yes, I was that mother crying over another year being finished.  I love our little preschool.  It has been and continues to be a wonderful, loving place that teachers and nurtures my children in so many amazing ways.  I am so truly blessed to have St. Mark's in my life.  And my children ADORE going to school.  They love going to music, and chapel, and doing art projects, and practicing their letters, the playground, their friends, and their teachers.  This was John David's last year at St. Mark's.  He "graduated."  Now he's a 'big kid" and has to go to "big school."  I am sad every year when it is time to move on to the next class, but that made this year even more tough.  Thankfully the twins have another year at St. Mark's and then after that it will be little Ava's turn.  


Last day of school photo op on the front steps.  Gosh mom....it's sunny!

Here is the first day of school photo just for comparison's sake.
They have grown up so much in the last year.  


Last day in carpool.

Last morning drop-off.

Big hug from their fabulous teacher Ms. Tish.  We all loved her and will miss being in her class next year.  

John David and Ms. Beth.  Another fabulous teacher who taught John David so much this year.  John David will really miss her and being in her class but he is excited about Kindergarten and being in Ms. Estes class in the fall.


And so another great year at St. Mark's is in the books.  We can't wait to see what this summer and next year bring.












No comments:

Post a Comment