Thursday, March 14, 2013

What's New Around Here


These days it seems that while not much is happening, I am always busy.  Busy with laundry, cooking, carpool, church, family and yet I'm busy with the same things as usual.

But then I stop to think about if we have had an "unusual" events and realize....yep, we've had a couple of out of the ordinary things here lately.  So here goes with our list of not so ordinary happenings lately.

1.  Ella cut her own hair.  Her hair had never been cut before so I was horrified and heartbroken.  She cut her baby hair.  One night she went to the bathroom one more time before husband put her and the boys to bed.  I was busy feeding and changing Ava.  About 30 minutes later I went back to the "big kids" room to get on to them for being out of bed and having the light on and gasped when I saw Ella.  When I finally got the story out of her, I learned she found a pair of scissors in the bathroom (leftover from when we were working on putting up new towel bars) and decided to cut off a chunk of her hair.  What was she thinking?  Then to cover up the evidence, she threw her hair away.  Like that would keep me from noticing she had cut her hair.  Not a chance!  She is now extremely sorry she did this and keeps telling me she will never cut her hair again.  Thank goodness!

 Here is a shot of the chunk she cut off.


And here she is post do it yourself hair cut.  She now has bangs.


It could definitely be worse.  A family friend who is around my sister's age gave herself a haircut when she was 3 or 4 and ended up with a mullet.  Thank goodness Ella only ended up with bangs.

2.  My parents were in a car accident and my mom ended up taking a ride to the emergency room in the ambulance because of chest pains.  Thankfully her heart was fine and, after taking x-rays, they found she hadn't broken anything.  They released her and she went home to take it easy for a day or two.  She hasn't told my grandmother about the accident and doesn't intend to.  It would just worry my grandmother terribly so for any of you who know my grandmother....please don't mention this to her.

3.  I love my boys, I really do, but I sure wish their aim would improve, particularly the 3 year old.  I am tired of cleaning up the yellow "moat" around my toilets.  Monday morning was bathroom cleaning morning and I discovered "moats," fresh ones,  around the toilets in both bathrooms.  Gross!!!  Since John David was at school I knew the culprit was Harrison.  He got some first hand experience in cleaning up after himself and he didn't like it too much.  Hopefully it was a lesson learned and he will aim a little better next time.

4.  Ava has turned into a climber.  The other night Husband was giving the big kids showers in the master bathroom while I cleaned up the dishes from dinner.  He had taken Ava with him upstairs for the shower time fun.  I finished the dishes and came upstairs before Husband had finished giving all the showers.  When I came upstairs I saw the light was on in the guest bathroom.  I stuck my head in the door to make sure no one was inside before I shut off the light and discovered this.

Yep...baby girl on the toilet.  She was standing up when I first discovered her but then dropped down to her knees to play with her toys.

I think here she is saying "What mom?  What's wrong with me climbing onto the back of the toilet to get a rubber duck and a plastic cup?"

5.  I received this in the mail.


My new embroidery machine.  I have wanted one for a while and am so excited it is finally here.  Exciting things are afoot here in Glamourous Housewife land.   I am in the process of starting my own business with my mom and a friend of mine.  We are going to be selling all sorts of cute and personalized items for both children and adults.  Children's things like hooded towels for summer fun at the beach, hair bows, tutus, clothes and all sorts of painted items including one of a kind art canvases, door hangers, pictures frames, and all sorts of other adorable things.  My new embroidery machine is part of our business plan and I am so excited to get started.  I will keep all of you updated on our progress so be on the lookout very soon.

So that's it.  Five out of the ordinary happenings amidst all the ordinary glamour of my housewifely duties.  I have a saying over the door in my kitchen "Never a Dull Moment," and boy is that the truth.







No comments:

Post a Comment