Monday, May 7, 2012

Rush, Rush, Rush

Do you ever feel like your life is going so fast you don't have time to live life let alone enjoy it.  That is how I have felt lately.  It feels like there is always so much I NEED to do, I don't get to sit back and do the things I WANT to do.  I don't get to sit back and enjoy time with my husband, my children, my friends.  At times life just seems like I rush from one thing on the to do list to the next.  Maybe that is what life with four children will always be like but I truly hope not.  I don't want to miss out of the fun, sweet childhood moments with my four little ones because I am so busy getting things done.  Don't get me wrong, I like being busy and having things to do.  I hate being bored.    The "to do's" have just seemed a little overwhelming lately.  Hence the lack of blogging for the past week.  Sorry about that.

After such a crazy birthday weekend last weekend that included the Horton birthday bash, four baseball games, a reception at church I agreed to help with, and a church newcomer's dinner the house was an absolute DISASTER.  I mean it was horrible.  Embarrassingly horrible.  We had a very close, lifelong family friend babysit the three older ones Sunday night so husband and I could go to the church newcomer's dinner.  I was so embarrassed to have her come inside our house.  I kept apologizing for the state of things.  Ms. Jodi's response was it's all good.  We're family.  Which we pretty much are.  But still, the house was so bad I was even embarrassed for family to see it.  That being the case I spent a good bit of last week getting the house at least somewhat cleaned up.  I will admit with six of us plus a dog living here and making messes and only one mommy to do the cleaning I just can't keep up a lot of the time.  My husband helps.  The children help.  But the majority of cleaning falls on me.  And that's OK.  It is part of my job.  It is part of the "I get to stay home" deal.
So, here are some of the glamorous things my "job" entailed last week.

1.  Clean the house.

2.  Laundry...this is never ending with so many people in our family.  I truly wish I had room for 2 washers and 2 dryers but alas I don't.

3.  Twin's 3 year well child appointment.  More of their growth later.

4.  Round four of the sickies.  Ella came down with the same virus the boys had a week or so ago. I had it between when the boys were sick and when Ella caught.  Thankfully baby Ava and my husband have been spared so far.

5.  Make jelly.  Weird one I know.  I think I have mentioned before that my husband grew up in the country and his family has a farm and raise cattle.  Well, when Grandpa H. and Granny Susie showed up on Saturday for the birthday party they brought us a box full of home-grown strawberries from their garden.  Husband asked me to turn them into strawberry jelly so Tuesday afternoon a friend and I made a batch of jelly.

6.  More baseball games.

7.  Finally get started on painting what is becoming Ava's bedroom.  This is just one of my ongoing projects.  When this is finished (and who knows how long that will take) I'll do an entire post on her newly decorated bedroom.

8.  Early Mother's Day Celebration for my grandmother as we will be out of town for actual Mother's Day.

I think that is all.  Of course, this was all in addition to normal every day stuff like making dinner, running carpool, taking care of four children, and trying to find a little time in their to shower or sleep.


It doesn't look like life will be slowing down anytime soon or at least not until school is out in a few more weeks. This week in addition to the normal, everyday stuff we have baseball games and school programs.  My husband is traveling for work.  Just day trips, but it makes for long days for him which mean long days for me too.  We are also headed to visit my brother and sister this weekend so I have to get everyone packed and ready for that.  And we have to work the concession stand at the ball park on Thursday night.  The parents from each team are responsible for working the concession stand one night during the season.  Our night just happens to be the day before we are going out of town.  Great timing as usual.

I guess I better get back to it.  The dryer just kicked off.  Time to go start another load.
Happy Monday everyone.  Hope you have a productive week.





No comments:

Post a Comment