Sunday, September 9, 2012

1st Day of School

The day we have all been eagerly waiting for finally came.  The first day of school 2012.
We made it through one very long, very HOT summer.  Hooray!  

They met their teachers.
The twins and Mrs. Dona
All smiles

John David and Mrs. Beth
More Smiles


They found and explored their new classrooms.






They readied their backpacks.

They picked out clothes for the first day.

They bathed, brushed teeth, read bed time stories, said prayers, and were kissed goodnight. 

It was time.

First day smiles!








Their birds on the wall.





Bye mom!  See ya!




Like I said we were all looking forward to this day.

So why did I cry?  Because, no matter how much trouble they get into, no matter how exhausted I am at the end of each day, and no matter how I yearn for quiet...they are my babies.  I miss them when they aren't here.  I wasn't worried they would miss me, or not have fun, or cry, or want to come home.  I didn't cry for any of those reasons.  I cried because they didn't cry.  They didn't look back.  Bye mom!  See ya!  They are growing up.  They are growing away from me.  I know they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be doing.  I know I am doing what I am supposed to be doing.  I am preparing them to leave home and make their own way.  I know I have years until they really do leave home and are out on their own.  But I still cried.  I went home and Ava and I got to work cleaning.  That's what I do when I'm sad...I clean.  The first day John David went to Mother's Day Out at a year old I cleaned and cried the entire 6 hours he was gone.  And I cried and cleaned every time I took him for months.  So Ava and I cleaned and I cried until she went down for a nap.  And then...it was quiet and I stopped crying and enjoyed the quiet.

All three had a FABULOUS first day of school and were ready to go back the following day.   And Ava and I, we have truly enjoyed our quiet mornings of one on one time.  Mommy is even getting in some much needed exercise time.

Yeah for the first day of school!






No comments:

Post a Comment